The last time I dyed my hair was right before Thanksgiving 2015, about five months ago. Here are some thoughts about the process so far:
- Some days I think it looks kind of interesting and unique. Other days it looks kind of drab and sad. I have good hair days and bad hair days just like before.
- I used to be hyper-aware of my new growth and the stark gray roots, but now I only notice a little.
- My husband calls me his Silver Fox, which sounds ok. I think that’s kind of cute.
- My hair feels healthier than before.
- I joined a Facebook group called “Going Gray and Loving It” . I can’t say I love it but I don’t mind it (most days).
- Probably like when you have in mind to buy a certain car and then you see them everywhere when you never noticed them before, I see lots more women going gray.
- Going gray doesn’t feel like that big a deal anymore.