I’m amazed that it’s nearly April! Time seems to be racing by and I feel a need to focus and be in a more purposeful mindset so that will be in the works for me.
Big thanks to my wonderful Beta Readers of “A Song for Home”. I’ve met with all of them and now am ready to start the next revisions. When I start to get discouraged about the amount of re-working that needs to be done I remind myself to trust the process and do the work.
I’ve been working on book cover designs and, because it’s a sequel, the design should be in line with the design of the cover for “A Song for Jessica”, which never entered my mind at the time of publish last year.
I am in the process of putting together my book launch “Street Team”, made up of people who will get a free advanced copy of “A Song for Home” in exchange for an honest review on Goodreads and/or Amazon.
If you’d like to be on my Street Team, please email me at email@example.com. Thanks in advance!
Until next time! Thanks for reading,
- Finished 3rd draft of “A Song for Home” (current working title). It got a little hairy there for a while, but I finished it up and now it’s on to the next step in the process…
- The Beta Readers Stage. Just like software or testing programs that get a test run, I have a small group of people to read the story “as is”. These kind souls’ feedback will give me a fresh perspective, objective opinion, and honest critique about the story.
- Once I collect Beta Readers’ feedback I can make final decisions about final revisions and line-item edits. It can be tedious work made more critical because it’s time for final decisions about if and how to change the story.
- I’ve started working on some cover designs for the new book and hope to share those soon.
- Short story. Being between projects makes me feel scattered without a clear direction and I think getting out of the habit of writing makes it worse. So I started writing again today with a goal of writing at least 500 words a day. I’m using it as a chance to experiment with different elements of storytelling. More to come on this…
That’s all for now. I’ll be taking a poll about the book title and cover soon so if you’d like a chance to provide your input make sure you sign up for my newsletter.
Thanks for reading!
Until next time,
- Currently working on the 3rd Draft of “A Song for Home” (working title to the sequel to “A Song for Jessica”) and planning to publish in May 2019.
- In September 2018 I dipped my toe into the world of Audiobook Production and found it to be time-intensive and technical, but I pressed forward. Much to my disappointment, within a few days of submitting sound files of “A Song for Jessica” for distribution they failed the first round of quality checks. This was at the very beginning of December 2018. So the audiobook is on hold while I finish the sequel and re-think my production process … on hold for now but not forever.
- Several months ago I returned to a project I started during National Novel Writing Month in November 2017. It’s an YA Urban Fantasy novel about (in a nutshell) a fifteen-year old girl who finds out she has supernatural abilities that will be fully available on her next birthday. There’s a lot more to it and until I get the plot points worked out it will have to stay my Work in Progress. And as in the case of the failed audiobook files a lot of hours have gone into this project and I hope some time away from it will help clear the plot fog in my head.
- Website re-design. I’m shifting website focus and design again and this time I think it will be a more permanent change. This is my author website and I plan on posting all my many books I will publish and maybe some short stories too. I still plan on blogging about things that interest me and about my writing journey.
That’s pretty much what I’ve been working on these days. I hope to have an update on Allie 2 soon, including a title and cover design.
Until next time,